Sugar-free Chocolate Lava Cake is unforgettably delicious by liquid melting chocolate. This is the perfect holiday dessert or whenever you want to delight yourself, you can easily made just 1 portion as well, but you will need a small, round baking bowl (ramekins), but that’s all. Chocolate Lava Cake is quick to make, the baking time is only 8 minutes. All you need is chocolate and I think the other ingredients are usually already at home. These Lava cakes are a healthier version instead of regular because they are white refined sugar-free, lactose-free, and free of white wheat flour.
Note that Lava Cake should be served immediately to preserve the melting structure of the chocolate. I even recommend preparing before baking a dessert plate and decorating it. It will taste very good with ice cream, berries, and fruit, decorate with whatever you want.
Healthiest Version of Chocolate Lava Cake – Sugar-free, Lactose-free and White Wheat Flour-free
If You Love Chocolate, You May Also Like This: Easy Chocolate Brownies
TIME: 18 min | SERVINGS: 2 (you can double or split the ingredients to make more or less)
You will need small baking bowls, cups (ramekins) or you can try to use muffin tins as well.
- 2 eggs
- 100g dark sugar-free chocolate (vegan, lactose-free – optional)
- 2 tbsp oat or buckwheat flour (maybe it works well with other flours as well, I haven’t tried. Oat flour you can get easy – just blend oats)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 235°C.
- Break the chocolate, leave aside two chocolate pieces. Melt the resting chocolate with coconut oil to a very low temperature if you are using a pan to get it faster to cool.
- Mix flour with baking powder.
- Take a bowl, add eggs and with a hand mixer combine until they get foamy. You can also do without a mixer and use a fork, for example, but it may take longer.
- Add cooled melted chocolate to the eggs and mix in.
- Add flour and mix all well.
- Grease well the ramekins or small baking cups with coconut oil.
- Fill 3/4 of the ramekin with the mixture.
- Squeeze a piece of chocolate into the middle of the mixture. (This is optional, this make more liquid the chocolate in the middle)
- Bake for 8 minutes in 235°C.
- Leave to cool for 1 minute.
- You can use a knife to more easily separate the edges of the cake from the ramekin. Serve immediately.