Snickers are the classic from bars. I think this is one of the most popular sweet snack bars. I also find it delicious, but I wanted to make it healthier from natural ingredients, without refined sugar and other unhealthy ingredients.
I’ve made classic Healthy Snickers Bars as well, you can find the recipe in my blog. This time I wanted to try something new with snickers taste, and the most popular dessert in the summer is ice cream, so why not make a snicker ice cream, but a much healthier version than the classic one? I tried and shared the recipe with you, I would be very happy if you share your thoughts about this recipe, as well as the result.
Snickers Ice Cream bars are super tasty, sweet, cooling, and the perfect healthy dessert for hot summer days. If you like classic Snickers Bars, then you must try these. These healthy Snickers Bars are dairy-free, lactose-free, sugar-free, vegan, plant-based, and egg-free.
If you tried this recipe, I will be very happy to share it in Healthy Choices by Sabine Instagram account, tag my IG account using @healthychoicesbysabine
Homemade Snickers Ice Cream Bars – Lactose-Free, Sugar-Free and Vegan
TIME: 15 min preparation, ~ 5 hours to freeze | SERVINGS: 8
- 150g cashews (soaked at least 1 hour in hot water)
- 200ml coconut milk/cream thick part
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 150g dates (juicy, soft or soak them ~ 10 – 20 min in hot water)
- 80ml plant milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- 80g roasted peanuts
- 180g vegan sugar-free dark chocolate
- Take a food processor or blender, and blend soaked cashews with coconut cream, peanut butter, and honey until you get a creamy and smooth mixture.
- Take a rectangular or square pan, cover it with parchment paper and smooth out the mixture, if the pan is too large and the base looks very thin, then just simply squeeze it into a smaller area to get thicker. Put in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Roast the peanuts in 180°C for 5 – 7 min and let them cool.
- Prepare the caramel, blend dates with plant milk, peanut butter, and salt, take a spoon and mix the caramel with roasted peanuts.
- Spread the caramel over the ice cream base and put back it in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut it into bars, if it started to melt, put it back into the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate at a very low temperature.
- Take a bar, dip it into the chocolate or cover it using a spoon or spatula.
- When all bars are covered by chocolate, put them back in the freezer to harden the chocolate for ~ 1 hour.
- Store Ice Cream bars in the freezer.