If you want to try out banana bread recipe, then definitely you have to choose this amazing healthy Vegan Banana Bread recipe. It’s moist, soft and sweet of creamy ripe bananas. This Vegan Banana Bread is also healthy, because it is sugar-free and white wheat flour-free.
Banana Bread is one of the last years trends in baking. We can buy it now in many bakeries and cafes. Banana bread is a great way to quickly use the remaining ripe bananas. It can be supplemented with berries, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, and fruits according to each taste.
Tips to make this super delicious and healthy Vegan Banana Bread:
- Don’t over mix the mixture, that could make it dry and heavy.
- This is one of the important rules, use only the very ripe bananas.
- You can vary with the baking time. It can be affected by your oven, bake Banana Bread until you feel that you have got the right consistency (45min – 1h).
- You can use other plant milk as well such as soy, oat, coconut etc. Pay attention to whether it’s sweetened or not to understand out how much sweetener you need in total.
- You can try to mix different flour, I chose oat flour + buckwheat.
- Make your own oat flour, take a food processor or high-speed blender and blend oats until you get the flour. Use only the wholegrain oats.
How to serve Vegan Banana Bread?
- You can decorate the banana bread with any kind of your favorite fruits or berries.
- You can spread out the peanut butter and berries over the slice of the banana bread.
- Take a slice of the banana bread and top it with vegan ice cream. This could be the perfect dessert for any occasion.
- You can use any kind of healthy fruit jam. You can top it with healthy homemade chia jam (use any kind of berries, add chia seeds, honey and oil a couple of minutes, leave to cool).
- The most delicious is when it’s still warm, freshly oven-baked, but you can also reheat it at a low temperature in the oven before each serving.
I think there are many different ways how to serve Banana bread, indulge your imagination and use what you like the best and have and is available at home, you can also simply supplement it with any yogurt, chopped nuts, sauces, etc.
How to store it?
Store Banana Bread in an airtight container for up to ~ 5 – 6 days in the fridge. You can freeze it as well, but cut it before in slices and divide it into portions.
TIME: 12 min preparation, 45 – 1h baking | SERVINGS: 15 – 20 pieces
- 230g oat flour (I mixed 180g oat + 50g buckwheat flour)
- 3 big ripe bananas + 1 smaller banana for decoration
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 60ml almond milk
- 80g nuts
- 75g coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 5 juicy dates (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, line a rectangle baking tray or loaf tin with baking paper, or grease it with coconut oil.
- Mix all dry ingredients – flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- Mix all wet ingredients – mash the banana with the fork, add melted coconut oil, almond milk, runny or melted honey, and chopped dates. Combine all well.
- Pour the dry into the wet mixture, slowly stir until all are combined.
- Chop the nuts with a knife into small pieces and add to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray, add at the top of it the banana slices.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes until ready or toothpick comes out clean.
If you tried this recipe, I will be very happy to share it in Healthy Choices by Sabine Instagram account, tag my IG account using @healthychoicesbysabine