Super sweet, mild Caramelized Banana Dessert with fresh yogurt, crunchy oats, and crispy nuts could be your healthy dessert or delicate breakfast whenever you like. Banana Dessert consists of only 5 main ingredients that should be in every kitchen, it’s easy to make and you can eat it right away.
I wanted to make a dessert that is easy and quick to make without baking, light, and also good for breakfast. I chose banana as one of the main ingredients because it’s perfect for breakfast and desserts with its sweet and delicate taste. There are many ways how to use bananas, I think they are the most used ingredient in healthy desserts and baking. The baked and caramelized banana tastes different from a fresh one, it’s creamy and sweet and gives new variations on how to use bananas.
This Caramelized Banana Dessert is:
- Refined sugar-free
- Quick to make
A few tips to make this dessert super delicious:
- Try to use a ripe banana, because it has the sweetest taste.
- You can choose mixed nuts or any other of your favorite nuts.
- Honey is for real sweet lovers, add it if you want the dessert super sweet. I chose not to add it, for me the banana is sweet enough.
TIME: 10 minutes for preparation | SERVINGS: 1 portion
- 3 tbsp oats
- 2 tbsp of walnut or other nuts
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150g greek ( lactose-free), plant-based sugar-free yogurt of your choice
- 1 tbps of any kind of seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp honey (optional – for more sweetness)
- Take a pan, heat it up to low/medium heat, grease it with coconut oil.
- Add oats and chopped nuts. Cook them until golden brown. Set aside. Add seeds, coconut flakes, mix them into oats.
- Make the bananas. Add the coconut oil and honey to a pan and let melt. Add sliced bananas and spread over with cinnamon. Cook them over low heat from each side until golden brown.
- Take a glass or small bowl, add yogurt, top it with baked oat and nut mixture.
- Add sliced bananas and if you want add more more cinnamon.
If you tried this recipe, I will be very happy to share it in Healthy Choices by Sabine Instagram account, tag my IG account using @healthychoicesbysabineand I will post it.
Choose healthy! 🙏