This is the best Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread recipe, you will ever have. Chocolate Banana Bread is incredibly soft, moist, fluffy, and full of sweet bananas and delicious chocolate. Can you imagine a super tasty dessert that is healthy, sugar-free, white wheat flour-free, and vegan? Yes, this healthy Chocolate Banana Bread is all that and more. This could be your favorite afternoon dessert with a coffee.
Banana Bread is one of the popular new desserts in the last year. I like to bake Banana Bread because it’s an easy recipe and I can use quickly all the remaining ripe bananas. This Chocolate Banana Bread is more delicate than classic because of the added chocolate. It’s still easy to cook and perfect dessert which to enjoy for many days.
Why this Chocolate Banana Bread is The Best?
- Chocolate lovers will love this
- Perfect as gift
- Naturally sweetened
- Soft and fluffy
Pro tips to make Chocolate Banana Bread more delicious:
- Use only very overripe bananas. Bananas are the key ingredient for this banana bread recipe, if the bananas will be riper, sweeter, and creamier, then tastier the banana bread will be.
- Don’t over-mix the batter if you want to get Banana Bread fluffy and soft. Over-mixing can make it heavy and hard.
- Don’t mash the bananas fully, leave the banana pieces or chunks in the batter, because they will make the bread juicier and creamier.
- You can use any plant milk which you want such as oat, almond, coconut, etc. Pay attention to whether it’s sweetened or not to not over-sweeten the batter.
- You can try to mix oat flour with buckwheat, it could work well.
- You can add nuts to the mixture if you want or spread over with them The Banana Bread to get more crispiness.
How to serve Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread?
- The secret serving method is to heat it before eating, then it’s super delicious and soft.
- You can decorate the banana bread with any kind of your favorite fruits or berries.
- You can spread out the peanut butter and berries over the slice of the banana bread.
- You can top it with vegan ice cream. This could be the perfect delicate dessert.
- You can use any kind of healthy fruit jam. You can top it with healthy homemade chia jam (use any kind of berries, add chia seeds, honey, and oil a couple of minutes, leave to cool).
How to store it?
You can store Chocolate Banana Bread in an airtight container for up to ~ 5 – 6 days in the fridge. You can freeze it as well, but before freezing cut into slices and divide it into portions.
Try these other healthy recipes: VEGAN BANANA BREAD , HEALTHY BERRY BREAD , VEGAN RASPBERRY MUFFINS
TIME: 10 min preparation, 45 baking | SERVINGS: 10 – 15 pieces
- 4 big ripe bananas + 1 for decoration
- 200g out flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 100g vegan/sugar-free chocolate
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 30ml soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, line a rectangle baking tray or loaf tin with baking paper, or grease it with coconut oil.
- Take a large bowl and add all dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix all well.
- In a different bowl add peeled bananas, mash them with a fork until you get a smooth mixture, but don’t mash the bananas fully, leave the small chunks.
- Add to the banana mixture all wet ingredients – melted coconut oil, soy milk, and agave syrup. Combine the mixture.
- Slowly combine both mixtures together, don’t over-mix the batter if you want to get Banana Bread fluffy and soft.
- Take a baking tray, add 3/3 of the mixture, and 1/3 set aside in a different bowl.
- Melt the chocolate at a very low temperature.
- Add the melted chocolate to 1/3 mixture of the batter and mix it into.
- Add the chocolate batter to the banana batter, with a teaspoon slowly mix it in or stir it, but nut fully just to get the chocolate layer in some places in the banana batter.
- Cut the remaining banana lengthways into slices and top with them the banana bread by pressing into the batter.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes until ready or toothpick comes out clean.
If you tried this recipe, I will be very happy to share it in Healthy Choices by Sabine Instagram account, tag my IG account using @healthychoicesbysabine