Chocolate cake is one of the cake classics. Who doesn’t like chocolate and cakes? It’s a great combination. This Vegan Chocolate cake is soft, chocolatey, simple, and excellent that can be cooked by anyone. Chocolate cake is vegan, refined sugar-free, lactose-free, and quick to make, it’s chocolatey, but there is no added chocolate, which means fewer calories.
You can use other ingredients for the cake filling and frosting, I used silken tofu and plant milk, but you can replace the tofu with coconut cream (thick part). Cocoa is a very important ingredient, try to choose high-quality cocoa with reduced fat.
You can decorate the cake with whatever you want – fruits, berries, nuts, etc., what you like best or is available at home.
You May Also Like: Healthy Blueberry Cake
Vegan Chocolate Cake is a soft, chocolatey, simple, and excellent healthy dessert on any occasion
TIME: 10 min preparation, 45 min baking | SERVINGS: 8
- 240ml milk
- 60g plant yogurt (greek – lactose-free)
- 290g gluten-free flour (if you use a dry sweetener, then the flour should be a little less ~ 270g)
- 30g cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120g coconut oil (melted)
- 130g honey (melted) or any other healthy sweetener
Frosting and filling:
- 350g silken tofu (you can replace it with coconut cream – thick part)
- 4 – 5 tbsp cocoa
- 40ml plant milk
- 4 – 5 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients – flour, cocoa, baking powder, and soda.
- Then mix all wet ingredients. Melt the coconut oil and honey, if needed. Combine coconut oil, honey, milk, and yogurt until you get a smooth mixture.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to dry and combine all well.
- Take a cake tin, oil it with coconut oil or vegan butter, pour the cake mixture into it.
- Bake the cake for 45 – 50 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting. Blend in a blender or combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Allow the cake to cool in the cake, then gently and slowly cut the cake in half. Spread over the filling on one part, then put on other part and cover the whole cake with the rest chocolate cream. Decorate cake with fruit, berries, nuts, etc.