These delicious Chocolate Truffles are a healthier version of the classic truffles. If you are a chocolate lover and you like delicate desserts, then this recipe will be for you. Chocolate truffles are a healthy dessert or snack because there is no added white refined sugar and white wheat flour, they are lactose-free and vegan and also consist of only 5 ingredients. Healthy Chocolate Truffles also can be a great gift for someone.
Chocolate Truffles – Vegan, Sugar-free, Lactose-free – Healthy Dessert
TIME: 20 min preparation | 2 hours to cool | SERVINGS: 22
- 100g coconut cream – only the thick part from can
- 180g sugar-free dark chocolate (120g for candies, 60g for decorating)
- 90g any kind of nut butter. I used hazelnut nut butter with chocolate.
- 50g coconut flour
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For decoration: chopped nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, cocoa, but you can do it without decoration as well.
- Take a pan. Melt the chocolate at a very low temperature.
- When the chocolate is almost melted, add the coconut cream and nut butter. Mix everything until it’s well combined.
- Remove from the heat and add coconut flour, mix all well.
- Put the mixture in the fridge to cool for one hour.
- Form balls (truffles) by hands.
- Melt the remaining chocolate with coconut oil.
- Put the truffle on a teaspoon, but hold it over the bowl or pan with the melted chocolate, then with another teaspoon spread over the chocolate. If you want to decorate the truffles, you will need to do it right away, because the chocolate will harden.
- Put the truffles in the fridge for 1 hour.