Moist, fruity, soft, and loaded with juicy apples, this Easy and Healthy Apple cake could be your new favorite fall cake. What could be better on a cold autumn evening than freshly baked Apple Cake with a warm cup of tea? I think it’s the perfect combination to treat yourself in autumn evenings or whenever you want something sweet. This Healthy Apple Cake is easy to make, with only 5 main ingredients that can be found in almost every kitchen, it’s naturally sweetened and light.
Autumn is perfect for baking a variety of desserts. There are many fresh fruits and vegetables from which it’s possible to make delicious, sweet, and healthy desserts, such as apples, pumpkins, carrots, beets, etc. Apples could be the most available fruits in autumn to everyone, they are healthy and with a fresh taste and are good for baking. That’s why one of the top autumn desserts is apple cake, it has a lot of ways how to cook it. You can make apple cake light and fruity, or spicy and crunchy. This time I chose to make a light, fruity, moist apple cake, which would be loaded with a lot of apples.
Super Delicious Healthy (Sugar-free) Apple Cake is Perfect Fall Cake
- Easy to make
- Refined sugar-free
- White wheat-flour-free
- Fruity and juicy
Why is it healthy?
Apples are very healthy fruits, they are high in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin C. Apple Cake is refined sugar-free, naturally sweetened with honey, which is also high in antioxidants. The cake is made with oat flour which is much healthier than white wheat flour. One of the main ingredients is yogurt, which makes the cake lighter and reduces calories.
Tips and tricks to make Easy Apple Cake:
- You can use any kind of apple you like. You can chop them in small cubes or slices, whatever you like.
- Don’t over mix the batter, that could make it dry and heavy.
- Try to use runny or melted honey.
- You can make oat flour by yourself, take a food processor or high-speed blender and blend oats until you get the flour consistency. Use only the whole grain oats.
Ho to serve Healthy Apple Cake?
This easy apple cake is best served fresh from the oven. You can decorate it with fresh apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Top it with plain or lightly sweetened yogurt or ice cream. It also could taste well covered with peanut butter or jam.
How to store?
This Apple Cake can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it, put the cake in a freeze-safe container or bag, and put it in the freezer for 1 month. Thaw the cake completely in the fridge overnight before serving.
You May Like These Other Apple Recipes: VEGAN APPLE CINNAMON PANCAKES or EASY APPLE CAKE
TIME: 15 minutes preparing, 45-50 minutes baking | SERVINGS: 10
- 150g oat flour
- 200ml sugar-free yogurt (lactose-free – optional)
- 2 eggs
- 5 big apples
- 130g honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prepare the cake tin, grease it with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper.
- Start with apples, peel, and chop them into small pieces. Set aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, add flour and baking powder, combine both.
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients – eggs, honey, and yogurt. Combine all well.
- Add wet mixture to the dry and mix all well, but do not overmix.
- Add chopped apples, slowly mix them in.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin and spread in an even layer.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for a couple of minutes. Serve
If you tried this recipe, I will be very happy to share it in Healthy Choices by Sabine Instagram account, tag my IG account using @healthychoicesbysabine and I will post it.
2 thoughts on “Easy and Healthy Apple Cake”
[…] also like these recipes: Vegan Chocolate Cake, Easy and Healthy Apple Cake or Vegan Chocolate Banana […]
[…] Easy and Healthy Apple Cake […]