Chocolate Plum Energy Bars are my favorite energy bars because they are super tasty, smooth and I think they taste like candy, I can’t stop eating them. 😉 Hazelnuts make them crunchy, but plums very soft. These plum nut bars are sugar-free and vegan. They could be your energy driver on lazy or active days.
Chocolate Plum Energy Bars – Your Healthy Snack
TIME: 10 minutes | SERVINGS: 8
- 150g dried plums
- 50g dates
- 100g mixed nuts
- 100g hazelnuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice or other fruit juice
- 100g sugar-free dark chocolate (vegan – optional)
- Blend mixed nuts, but make sure that the nut pieces remain. Place them in the bowl.
- Blend plums, dates, cinnamon, and orange or other fruit juice together until the mixture starts to go smooth.
- Mix both mixtures together, add whole hazelnuts.
- Smooth out the mixture in a parchment square/rectangle pan. Press the mixture covering the whole pan.
- Melt the chocolate and spread over the mixture.
- Put the pan in the freezer for 2 hours or until firm. Cut in bars.
- Store in the freezer.