Healthy Berry Buns will be the perfect healthy dessert, breakfast, and also a great snack when going on a picnic. This will be a much healthier version for those who love sweet buns and often visit bakeries. Berry Buns are soft, moist, and with a sweet fruit taste. You can make them as sweet as you want and use any kind of berries you like. The buns are sugar-free, without white wheat flour, and easy to make.
Berry Buns (Sugar-Free And Without Wheat Flour) – Your Healthy Dessert or Snack
TIME: 10 min preparation, 25 min baking | SERVINGS: 6
- 2 eggs
- 125g oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 135g sugar-free greek yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp stevia or other sweetener
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 90g fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1 – 2 tbsp honey or stevia
- Preheat the oven to 185°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Mix well eggs with sweetener and yogurt.
- Combine both mixtures until you get a sticky dough mixture. Check the taste of the sweetness, the dough should be slightly sweet. Leave the dough for 5 minutes to cool.
- Blend 3/4 of the berries with honey. You need to get sweet berry jam/puree.
- Cover the pan with parchment paper. Take a tablespoon and put the small amount of the dough in the pan – please see the picture above.
- Cover the top of the bun with jam/puree, you can press the tablespoon into the ban to make a place for jam/puree if needed. Decorate the buns with the resting berries and other toppings if you want, for example, almond or coconut flakes, chopped nuts, etc.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 185°C or until ready.