This definitely will be one of my favorite recipes. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like snickers, and why not choose a healthier version of snickers and be guilt-free of eating too many sweets? 😉 Healthy Sneaker Energy balls are a great alternative to classic snickers, they will be a healthy dessert or a snack for those who love this well known snack bar. Snickers Energy Balls consist of only 5 ingredients, they are really quick to cook and can be eaten right away. Healthy Snickers Balls will be not only a healthy dessert but also an energy booster because the main ingredients are dates, oatmeal, and peanut butter. They are also sugar-free, vegan, and without white wheat flour.
Healthy Dessert or Snack – Snickers Energy Balls – Sugar-free & Vegan
TIME: 12 min |SERVINGS: 6 – 7 (1 -2 portions)
- 50g dates (soft or soaked before 10 minutes in hot water)
- 50g oats
- 2 tbsp plant milk
- 1 big tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- Pinch of salt
- 30g sugar-free dark chocolate (lactose-free and vegan – optional)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Blend all these ingredients together – dates, oats, plant milk, salt and peanut butter until you get a sticky mixture.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and form balls by hands.
- Chop the peanuts.
- Melt the chocolate with coconut oil at a very low temperature.
- Cover the balls with chocolate. I rolled the ball into the chocolate and cover it with chopped peanuts.
- Enjoy right away or put in the fridge to harden the chocolate.