Blackcurrant Chocolate Bars are fruity, slightly sour, but with a sweet and juicy layer of jam. These Blackcurrant Bars will be a delicate healthy dessert whenever you want something sweet. They are healthy and guilt-free dessert because they contain only natural sugar from blackcurrants and honey. Blackcurrant Chocolate Bars also are vegan, lactose-free, and white wheat-flour-free.
If it is not possible to get blackcurrants, then you can also use any other berries.
Fruity, Healthy Blackcurrant Chocolate Bars – Your Guilt-free Dessert
TIME: 15 min | SERVINGS: 14
- 200g dates
- 80g muesli or oats
- 50g blackcurrants. You can use other berries as well
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 tbsp peanut
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 75g fresh or frozen blackcurrant
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp honey or other sweetener
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 60g sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional – the chocolate will be more liquid)
- Start with the jam. Take a boiler, add blackcurrant and water. Boil all in medium heat, while boiling try to mash the blackcurrant with a spoon.
- Add honey, combine all, add chia seeds and leave to cool.
- Blend the muesli or oats.
- Separately blend dates with blackcurrant, cinnamon, and peanut butter. You can soak the dates before in hot water for 10 minutes to make them softer.
- Take a bowl, add the date mixture, shredded coconut and blended oats or muesli, mix all well.
- Smooth out the mixture in a parchment square or rectangular pan. Press the mixture. If the pan is too large and the base looks very thin, then just simply squeeze it into a smaller area to get thicker.
- Spread over blackcurrant jam.
- Melt the chocolate with coconut oil at a very low temperature.
- Spread over chocolate.
- Put the base in the freezer to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Cut the base in square bars. Keep the bars in the freezer, but before eating, wait about 10 minutes for the jam to melt and to make bars more liquid.