Blackcurrant Chocolate Bars are fruity, slightly sour, but with a sweet and juicy layer of jam. These Blackcurrant Bars will be a delicate healthy dessert whenever you want something sweet. They are healthy and guilt-free dessert because they contain only natural sugar from blackcurrants and honey. Blackcurrant Chocolate Bars also are vegan, lactose-free, and white wheat-flour-free.
If it is not possible to get blackcurrants, then you can also use any other berries.
You May Also Like These: Healthy Snickers or Raspberry Chocolate Energy Bars or Healthy Sugar-free Mars Bars
Fruity, Healthy Blackcurrant Chocolate Bars – Your Guilt-free Dessert
TIME: 15 min | SERVINGS: 14
- 200g dates
- 80g muesli or oats
- 50g blackcurrants. You can use other berries as well
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 tbsp peanut
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 75g fresh or frozen blackcurrant
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp honey or other sweetener
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 60g sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional – the chocolate will be more liquid)
- Start with the jam. Take a boiler, add blackcurrant and water. Boil all in medium heat, while boiling try to mash the blackcurrant with a spoon.
- Add honey, combine all, add chia seeds and leave to cool.
- Blend the muesli or oats.
- Separately blend dates with blackcurrant, cinnamon, and peanut butter. You can soak the dates before in hot water for 10 minutes to make them softer.
- Take a bowl, add the date mixture, shredded coconut and blended oats or muesli, mix all well.
- Smooth out the mixture in a parchment square or rectangular pan. Press the mixture. If the pan is too large and the base looks very thin, then just simply squeeze it into a smaller area to get thicker.
- Spread over blackcurrant jam.
- Melt the chocolate with coconut oil at a very low temperature.
- Spread over chocolate.
- Put the base in the freezer to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Cut the base in square bars. Keep the bars in the freezer, but before eating, wait about 10 minutes for the jam to melt and to make bars more liquid.
One thought on “BLACKCURRANT CHOCOLATE BARS (sugar-free, vegan)”
[…] BLACKCURRANT CHOCOLATE BARS (SUGAR-FREE, VEGAN) […]