It’s time to try a new healthy muffin recipe – Apple Cinnamon Muffins. These Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins have a spicy cinnamon taste, they are fruity because filled with plenty of apples. Apple muffins will be a perfect snack whenever you crave something sweet, but healthy and satisfying.
These Apple Cinnamon Muffins are proof that muffins could healthy and delicious at the same time. Muffins are refined sugar-free, dairy-free, white wheat flour-free, and naturally sweetened. They are quick to make, and the main ingredients are apples which are available almost to everyone and everywhere, made with yogurt and natural sweetener – honey. Let’s start, grab the ingredients and try some new recipe to treat yourself for upcoming days.
What are the ingredients for Apple Cinnamon Muffins?
Yogurt – Sugar-free and lactose-free plain, greek yogurt, but you can choose vegan and plant-based as well.
Oat flour – You can choose other healthier flour such as buckwheat, rice, etc. You can try to mix them and create a new delicious taste.
Apples – You can choose your favorite apples – sweet or sour, it’s up to you, but be aware the choice of apple can affect the muffin taste and sweetness.
Honey – You can substitute honey for maple or agave syrup.
Eggs – Make the best consistency of the butter and muffin texture.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins Are:
- Refined sugar-free
- White wheat flour-free
- Healthy snack or dessert
- Easy and quick to make
Pro tips and recommendations to make them super tasty:
- You can leave the muffins to rest for a few hours, then they will taste even better.
- You can top the muffins with peanut butter to get an even more filling version of them and then they will be super perfect for breakfast.
- There is one more tip on how to use apples in the cooking process. You can top the muffin butter with apples and bake it in this way, then they will be more fruity from the outside (not to mix in the apples).
How to store the muffins?
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days, in the fridge for 3 days or you can freeze them up to 1 month.
TIME: 10 minutes for preparation, 35 minutes for baking | SERVINGS: 6
- 130g oat flour
- 70ml sugar-free and lactose-free yogurt (vegan – optional)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 big apples (150g – 200g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the muffin tins, grease them, and set them aside.
- Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces.
- Take a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients – oat flour, baking powder, soda, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Combine all well.
- In a separate mixing bowl add yogurt, eggs, coconut oil, and honey. Stir all together until you get a smooth mixture.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry and add apples, and combine well, but do not overmix.
- You can sprinkle them with the of cinnamon, almond or coconut flakes, chopped nuts, etc.
- Bake the muffins for 35 minutes at 180°C until the edges are brown and the toothpick comes out clean.