Delicious, fluffy pancakes topped with juicy apple and cinnamon. If you have at least one apple or more at home, then you have a brand new recipe for the weekend pancake breakfasts. Apple makes the pancakes fruity and juicy, but cinnamon gives the spiciness and taste of fall. This is the perfect recipe for apple season because then the most delicious and varied apples are available. These vegan pancakes are very easy to make, they only consist of 6 ingredients.
Cinnamon Apple Pancakes are:
- Refined sugar-free
- Easy to make
- White wheat-flour-free
Pro tips to make them as much perfect as you can:
- Don’t overheat the pan, then the pancakes will burn before they are ready.
- Make your own oat flour using a food processor or a blender until you get a fine flour.
- The best way how to know, that you need to flip the pancake over, is when bubbles appear in the batter.
- Don’t overmix the batter, because you can lose fluffiness of the pancakes.
- Try to serve them warm, right away out of the pan.
- I didn’t grease the pan. Pay attention to the pan you have. If you have a new, non-stick pan you can try to bake them without greasing it, but if you have an older one, then maybe it’s better to put in a little oil. You can also use coconut oil.
- Try to cut the apples into thin slices, then they will bake better.
How to store the pancakes?
You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. You can also freeze them, put them in a freeze-safe container or bag, and put them in the freezer for 4-5 months. Thaw them completely in the fridge overnight before reheating.
TIME: 15 minutes | SERVINGS: 5 pancakes (1 portion)
- 100g oat flour
- 110ml plant milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp honey (runny, melted)
- 1 – 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple
- Prepare the apple rings. Cut the apple into thin slices, starting from the narrowest part of the apple. Cut the core out from each ring.
- Take the dry ingredients (flour, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, and baking powder) and mix them in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients, and combine well, but don’t overmix the batter.
- Heat up the frying pan over medium heat. If it’s necessary, grease it. When the pan is heated, lower it a bit more the heat.
- Take a tablespoon or larger wooden spoon and pour the batter into the pan. Top the pancake with one apple ring and sprinkle it with cinnamon. Bake until the bubbles appear, then flip it over. Bake until they are light brown on each side.
- Serve the warm pancakes on a plate and add your favorite toppings, for example, peanut butter, homemade healthy jam, any kind of yogurt, fresh fruits, or nuts.
If you tried this recipe, I will be very happy to share it in Healthy Choices by Sabine Instagram account, tag my IG account using @healthychoicesbysabine and I will post it.