Simple cake recipe with only a few main ingredients. Light Yogurt Lemon Cake is easy to make, creamy, and firm with a fresh taste of lemon.
What are the man ingredients?
Eggs – This isn’t a vegan cake, and you will need 4 regular eggs.
Sweetener – I chose coconut sugar, you can choose your favorite healthiest granulated sugar option.
Yogurt – You can choose a good quality greek style or plain yogurt (sugar-free). I can’t eat regular milk products, that’s why I chose the lactose-free yogurt version.
Cornflour – You can choose regular cornflour. Cornflour will help to get the cake firm.
Lemon – This ingredient will give the cake a specific fresh lemon taste, you can skip this ingredient if you don’t like the taste of lemon.
Baking powder – You can choose regular baking powder, this will help the cake to bake better and get the best consistency.
You may also like these recipes:
TIME: 10 min preparation, 40 – 45 minutes baking | SERVINGS: 10 pieces
- 4 eggs
- 400g greek/plain lactose-free yogurt
- 90g – 100g coconut sugar (you can adjust it)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g cornflour
- 1 lemon (optional – gives the taste of lemon)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C degrees.
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Mix the yolks and sugar with a whisk or electric hand mixer until you get the fluffiness.
- Add yogurt, cornflour, baking powder, and grated lemon peel to the whipped mixture. Combine until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer beat the egg whites until you get a thick and foamy mixture, add a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, and beat a bit more.
- Add the whipped foams to the yolk and yogurt mixture and combine gently.
- Line the cake tin with baking paper and pour it into the mixture.
- Bake the cake for 40 – 45 minutes at 175°C.
- You can decorate the cake with fresh berries and fruits. Enjoy. 🙂
If you tried this recipe, please leave a comment or tag me in your Instagram post with @healthychoicesbysabine
I will appreciate your support. 🙏