This is a very simple recipe for healthy cookies. This is my best favourite and the most easiest classic oat cookies recipe. This is a really simple recipe, you will need only 5 ingredients and the best healthy cookies will be made. They are chewy with crisp edges, soft inside from ripe banana and crunchy from chopped almond pieces. These Banana Oat Cookies will be perfect healthy snack whenever you want something to snack or sweet.
These healthy Banana Oat Cookies are:
- crispy and chewy at the same time
- refined sugar-free
Tips to make super easy and healthy Banana Oat Cookies:
- If you don’t have oat flour, you can blend the oats in a high-speed blender or food processor. Use only whole grain oats, they are the healthiest version of oats.
- You can use any other kind of nuts of your choice, for example, mixed nuts or walnuts, etc.
- I didn’t add extra sweetener to the cookies because I have enough sweetness from the banana and chocolate pieces, but if you want the cookies to be sweeter you can add honey, coconut sugar, or any other healthy sweetener. If you use a liquid sweetener, then probably you may still need to add flour or oats, if the dough got too moist.
- You can add different seeds and dried fruit, but it can make the cookies too nutritious.
Searching for more cookies recipes? Try out these: CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT COOKIES (SUGAR-FREE AND HEALTHY) or ALMOND COOKIES (SUGAR-FREE AND VEGAN) and also these CRUNCHY GRANOLA COOKIES (HEALTHY AND SUGAR-FREE)
TIME: 5 min preparation, 20 min baking | SERVINGS: 12 cookies
- 60g oat flour
- 50g oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 80g chopped almonds
- 50g chopped vegan (lactose-free) sugar-free chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, line a baking tray or pan with baking paper.
- Take a bowl, mash the banana with the fork.
- Add oats, oat flour, chopped almonds, baking powder, and coconut oil. Mix all well until you get a sticky mixture. If it’s too liquid or dry add a bit more flour, coconut, or plant-based milk.
- Add the chopped chocolate, mix it in.
- You can use a tablespoon or hands to place the cookie on the paper, if needed press it and make it into the cookie form.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are crisp.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before serving and eating.
If you tried this recipe, I will be very happy to share it in Healthy Choices by Sabine Instagram account, tag my IG account using @healthychoicesbysabine