These vegan, soft, and juicy blueberry muffins are very quick to cook and ready in 30 minutes. Great as a healthy snack, dessert with a cup of coffee or tea or breakfast on the go.
These Healthy Blueberry Muffins are full of juicy blueberries and soft bananas, very delicious, soft, and fluffy. These muffins are healthy because they contain only natural sweetener – honey, they are refined sugar-free, and white wheat flour-free.
You can top them with other berries or fruits, nuts, or pieces of chocolate.
These Healthy Blueberry Muffins are:
- Refined sugar-free
- Naturally sweetened
- Super soft and fluffy
- Easy and healthy snack
- Perfect snack or for breakfast on the go
- Ready in 30 minutes
What are the ingredients?
Oat and rice flour: I wanted to mix 2 flours together this time, I think rice flour gives more lightness and airiness, but you can only use oat flour. You can make the oat flour by yourself just blend the oats in a food processor or blender.
Ripe bananas: The perfect ingredient for baking muffins. Ripe bananas giving both the sweet taste and the texture of a muffin you need.
Greek-style or vegan plain yogurt: Try to use yogurt without flavor and sugar to avoid sweetening muffins with unnecessary unhealthy sweeteners.
You can choose any of your favorite yogurts – vegan, lactose-free, greek style, and plain.
Honey: This is one of my favorite healthy and natural sweetener, but you can also replace it with agave or maple syrup.
Baking powder and baking soda: These ingredients will help muffins to rise, stay puffier, and more visually beautiful.
Coconut oil: Helps muffins stay moister and softer.
Blueberries: You can use large blueberries or wild blueberries, as well as any other berries.
TIME: 10 min preparation, 20 min baking | SERVINGS: 7
- 80g oat flour (if you don’t have rice flour, you can use only oat flour – 150g)
- 70g rice flour
- 2 ripe bananas
- 90 ml greek style lactose-free or vegan yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 150g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the muffin tins, grease them, and set them aside.
- Take a mixing bowl, and add all dry ingredients – oat and rice flour, baking powder, and soda. Combine all well.
- Mash the bananas with the fork, and add yogurt, coconut oil, and honey. Stir all together until you get a smooth mixture.
- Combine both mixtures, but do not overmix.
- Add ¾ of the blueberries, and slowly stir them in.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins, and top it with more blueberries.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes at 180°C or until the toothpick comes out clean.
If you tried this recipe, I will be very happy to share it in the Healthy Choices by Sabine Instagram account, tag my IG account using @healthychoicesbysabine