Chocolate Cookies with crispy pieces of hazelnuts and taste of chocolate will be a great snack for any occasion. These Chocolate Cookies with Hazelnuts are much healthier, because they are lactose-free, white refined sugar-free, and wheat flour-free. Enjoy them still warm from the oven with your afternoon tea or coffee.
Cookies are such a popular and easy sweet snack, consisting of the ingredients you almost always have at home. 5 ingredients and 30 minutes of your time and you will have healthy, delicious, and soft Chocolate Cookies with crispy hazelnut pieces.
These delicious cookies are:
- Refined white sugar-free
Tips for making these cookies:
- To combine the dough use your hands – knead, press, and combine it well.
- However, if the dough seems too sticky or dry, add a little more flour or plant-based milk or melted coconut oil.
- Sprinkle your hands with flour to avoid the dough sticking to your palms while making round cookie balls.
- You can decorate cookies with hazelnut pieces, seeds, berries, or chocolate chips.
Check out these other cookie recipes:
- EASY AND HEALTHY COCONUT COOKIES (MACAROONS)
- VEGAN CRUNCHY COOKIES WITH CHOCOLATE
- RASPBERRY SANDWICH COOKIES WITH CHOCOLATE
- ALMOND COOKIES (SUGAR-FREE AND VEGAN)
TIME: 15 minutes preparing, 15 minutes baking | SERVINGS: 15
- 2 eggs
- 50g cocoa
- 190g mixed oat and rice flour (you can use only oat flour as well)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g melted coconut oil
- 100g coconut sugar
- 60g chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C degrees and line a baking paper over the pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl – flour, cocoa, baking powder.
- In a separate bowl add eggs, melted coconut oil, and sugar. I used a hand mixer to combine well, you can also use a spoon as well.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir slowly. You can use your hands to better combine, mix until you get a thick dough. If the dough seems too sticky or dry, add a little more flour or coconut oil, plant based milk or water.
- Mix chopped hazelnuts into the dough.
- Sprinkle your hands with flour to avoid the dough sticking to your palms and make round balls.
- Place the cookie balls on the prepared baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Take a fork and a glass of water, fold the fork into the water and gently press the balls. You can also do it with the palm of your hand.
- Bake the cookies for 12 – 15 minutes at 180C.
If you tried this recipe, I will be very happy to see it, tag my IG account using @healthychoicesbysabine.